By 4x times IFBB Elite Pro World Champion DMYTRO HOROBETS
SEATED CABLE ROW
Sit on the bench with your knees bent and grasp the cable attachment.
It often has a triangle handle, but it may be a bar. Position yourself with your knees slightly bent and so that you have to reach to grab the handle with outstretched arms yet without curling the lower back over. Brace the abdominals and you’re ready to row.
- Pull the handle and weight back toward the lower abdomen while trying not to use the momentum of the row too much by moving the torso backward with the arms.
- Target the middle to upper back by keeping your back straight and squeezing your shoulder blades together as you row, chest out.
- Return the handle forward
under tension to full stretch, remembering to keep that back straight even though flexed at the hips. Repeat the exercise for the desired number of repetitions.
SIDE LATERAL RAISE
This exercise particularly focuses on the lateral or medial head of the deltoid, making them appear wider and more developed.
- Pickacoupleofdumbbellsand stand with a straight torso and the dumbbells by your side at arms length with the palms of the hand facing you. This will be your starting position.
- Whilemaintainingthetorsoina stationary position (no swinging), lift the dumbbells to your side with a slight bend on the elbow and the hands slightly tilted forward as if pouring water in a glass. Continue to go up until you arms are parallel to the floor. Exhale as you execute this movement and pause for a second at the top.
- Lowerthedumbbellsbackdown slowly to the starting position as you inhale.
- Repeatfortherecommended amount of repetitions.
Read full article in new M&H magazine.