The Poke Bowl is a combination of proteins (marinated fish, chicken or tofu) and healthy carbs (rice, quinoa, salad, kale or spinach), in a mix with other vegetable toppings that range from algae to avocado, mango, pineapple or seeds. On top of this: a seasoning of soy and sesame oil. If you want to create a healthy Poke Bowl, ideal for an athlete, this is how you do it:
- Pay attention to the base carbs.
- Choose the seasoning with fewer calories and most taste.
- Look for the perfect ingredients.
- Everything in its right measure.
- The drink to go with it.
INGREDIENTS for 1 person
• 2 cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
• 1/2 avocado, skinned and cut into pieces
• ¼ red onion, chopped
• 6-7 slices of cucumber
• 20 gr pumpkin seeds and 1 tbsp sesame seeds
• Coriander leaves
• Juice of 1/2 lemon
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tbsp sesame oil
• 1 tbsp sodium low soy sauce
• 80 gr marinated or raw salmon
• 40 gr brown rice or quinoa
Now… time to enjoy it!