“Lyulya kebab” is a traditional Arabic dish consisting of a piece of meat, boiled, fried and placed on a skewer. The traditional ingredients for the preparation of this dish are, of course, lean meat –chicken breast for us-, onions and cilantro, with which we have a high protein dish, very suitable for athletes.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 people):
• 1 Kg chicken breast
• 3 onions (medium size)
• 50 gr. coriander
• 2 cloves of garlic
• Salt and pepper to your criteria
- Remove the fat of the chicken breast, cut it in pieces about 3 centimeters and mix it with cutted onions. Then, pass the mix through a grinder.
- Add finely chopped garlic together with cilantro, salt, pepper. Remove the mixture with your hands, forming a dense and uniform mixture.
- Place the mixture at the refrigerator for 40 minutes.
- Take a small portion and, with lightly moistened hands, form elongated pieces that we insert into a skewer. Grilled then in a nonstick skillet, using non-caloric spray.
- Place the portions on a baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC and place the pieces for 10 minutes, cooking the meat from inside.
- Serve it garnished with vegetables or roasted potatoes.
Now, it’s time to enjoy it!