The escalivada is a typical Mediterranean dish that consists of roasted vegetables such as aubergine or pepper that is not only delicious but also a low-calorie dish with high fibre content. When fish-based protein foods such as cod or clams are added, the result is curiously nutritious and tasty.
INGREDIENTS FOR 2 PEOPLE:
• A loaf of bread (you can use up yesterday’s)
• 1 aubergine
• 1 grated tomato
• 1 can of natural clams
• 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
• ½ teaspoon of wasabi
• Sea salt
• Extra virgin olive oil
- Cut an aubergine into strips and roast it on the grill or in the oven.
- Let it cool and then peel and cut into strips, adding a little olive oil and sea salt.
- Mix the mayonnaise with the wasabi paste, in a bowl, using a fork.
- Prepare the toast by slicing a loaf of yesterday’s bread. Put the slices in a toaster and, when they are toasted, add the crushed tomato and drizzle olive oil on it.
- Place the aubergine strips on the toast. Put 3 or 4 clams on top and sprinkle with some sea salt.
- Using a spoon, put a little of the mayonnaise with wasabi on each piece of clams. If you want to make the dish tastier, without sacrificing the flavour, you can add some more extra pieces of asparagus, which will increase the fibre content.
MACRO BREAKDOWN (PER PERSON):
And now… enjoy!